Monday, March 9, 2015

My first month in Adelaide



Here I am back again.. 



By the time runs fast, surprisingly, I have been in Australia slightly more than a month and it is still 23 months left. Oh no, I'm not counting down, just remind me how time goes unconsciously. No wonder, I have very fascinating days during this time.






  

Arrived on 5th of February 2015. I can still feel how my fear flew up like crazy !! New place seems new world for me. I was captivated by the city. Adelaide is very quite, calm, and nice city. they are lovely. It seemed that everything would be well as I thought before flying here. Undoubtedly, exploration this city became my first priority upon all. However, I couldn't enjoy that much because I hadn't got my permanent accommodation. super worried at that time. Trying found out by myself without asking help from existing students or Indonesian who have been living here for such a long time. Couple places that I inspected and finally, I have been living at 296 Anzac Highway, Camden Park, 5038 - SA.
396 Camden Park, 5038 SA

Yes.. one task accomplished !!!! 

However, I miss Indonesia alot.. I mean, ALOT !!! I rarely find Indonesian food here. I couldn't easily find Indonesian chilly ( called Sambel ). More over, I even hardly find suitable food that could appetite my needs. How come can you eat bread with cheese all times ? where is rice with traditional taste made meal ?!? LOL. Yeah, condition forces me to adapt more or I am gonna suffer by hungry despite of losing appetite. On the other hand, I have known that microwave is very functional for making food !! call me silly , no worries.. But I am impressed on how microwave works on cooking food including raw meat ! I will buy one when I'm back home.. hahaha

  

Since here ( the first couple days ), I couldn't speak well. I was too scared speaking english.. Yeah, I was scared being seen dumb by others and I prefer keeping silent to speaking in wrong words or grammar. I was so insecure. really, drop the deepest down. Thus, this barrier bound me from making friend. I, myself, who are very good at pursuing people and sharing thought couldn't be no more enjoying that. Until I dealt with myself to be "I don't care what people say" person. Since then, I speak much whether I misuse words or grammar. I don't care. I just want to survive and enjoy life here. Now, I am struggling on listening local (Australian) accent. hahaha.. I am sure, I am gonna get used to it. ^^

Making friends is one of my difficulties. As Indonesian, I had lived with diverse cultures, before moving into Adelaide, but not this kind of situation. It is totally different !!! Lucky me, I've got very great friends here. supporting each other and being here when needed. I won't mention all but they are my precious ones for keeping me standing against hard days ( Okay, I am too exaggerated !! haha ). 

  



Finally, my first month was closed by being chosen as President of Indonesian Student Association at University of Adelaide. How Come ?!? hahahaha.. THIS ONE IS REALLY OUT MY LEAGUE !!! I am blessed to the max. Yeah, who would resist standing and running association which has great members included in it ?? I feel both honored and burdened. hahaha. 

Now, I am ready facing a very great future ahead along with confidence and great friends.

Note : Sorry for bad grammar, still on progressing enhancing english ability. lol

1 comment: